Traditionally, life insurance companies require only two forms to establish proof for a claim; (1) a statement of claim, and (2) a proof of death certificate from the funeral home. Please remember that this is a general statement. Your insurance companies reserve the right to request further information or proof that they deem necessary.
- The policy number(s) and the face amount.
- The full name and address of the deceased.
- His or her occupation and the last date worked.
- His or her date and place of birth and the source of the birth information.
- Date and place of death.
- Claimant's name, age, address, Social Insurance Number and date of birth.
(Cause of death may be required if there is a stipulation in the policy requiring this information. If required, this information must be attained from the physician who signed the Medical Certificate of Death.)